• What does the maintenance required light mean?
• It means your vehicle is due for maintenance to be performed. This could be an oil and filter change and a tire rotation or it could also mean only a tire rotation is needed.
• How to identify the tire size on your car?
• How to Read a Tire Size on a Tire’s Sidewall
• Once you find the series of numbers on your tire’s sidewall, use the diagram above and the list below to learn how to read a tire sidewall and find what the numbers on a tire’s sidewall mean.
• 1: Metric or Tire Type. The metric, or tire type, defines the proper use of the tire. For example, a “P” designation means that it is a passenger car tire. An “LT” designation is for a light truck. No letter before the width indicates that it is a European metric tire.
• 2: Tire Width. The width of the tire measured in mm from sidewall to sidewall. This tire width is 215 mm.
• 3: Aspect Ratio. The aspect ratio is the ratio of the height of the tire’s cross-section to its width. On our example, 60 means that the height is equal to 60% of the tire’s width.
• 4: Construction. The construction letter tells you how the layers of the tire were put together. “R” stands for radial, which means the layers run radially across the tire. “B” stands for bias construction, which means that the layers run diagonally across the tire.
• 5: Rim Diameter. The rim diameter is the width in inches or cm of the wheel from one end to the other. The diameter of this wheel is 16 in. Always replace a tire on a rim with another tire of exactly the same rim diameter designation and suffix letters.
• 6: Load Index. The load index is an assigned number that corresponds with the load-carrying capacity of a tire. Most passenger car tire load indexes range from 75 to 100, but a few carry more. You’ll also find the maximum load elsewhere on the tire sidewall, both in lbs and kg.
• 7: Speed Rating. The speed rating tells you the maximum service speed for a tire. A speed rating isn’t, however, a recommendation to exceed speed limits, and doesn’t indicate how well a tire handles or corners.
• What does this Light mean?
Low Tire Pressure Warning
Malfunction/ Check Engine indicator
“Though we’re with family on Sundays, we’re always here for you” – Click to Chat