New Georgia Tax Info
You Won’t Pay More Sales Tax if You Buy a Car from Heyward Allen Toyota!
Some may want you to believe that buying a car is more expensive in Athens-Clarke County since a 1% hike in the sales tax (TSPLOST) increased the sales tax on purchases in the county from 7% to 8%, which was recently approved by the voters of the county.
But… when you purchase a vehicle in the state of Georgia, one does not pay sales tax (SPLOST) but rather, pays, TAVT tax (Ad Valorem Tax) which is a tax imposed on the fair market value of the vehicle.
Everyone who lives in Georgia and buys a vehicle pay the same TAVT computed on the value of the vehicle, not sales tax.
So, don’t forget to call us to learn more about our 5 star rated dealership and get your new Toyota or great used car or truck at our new and modern facility in Athens Georgia.
Why buy from Heyward Allen Toyota?
- We treat you with dignity and respect, no games played here.
- Family owned and operated since 1947
- Our facility is pet friendly.
- Huge selection of new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Build it Your Way! We are a Certified Accessory Center.
- Factory Trained Service Technicians.
- Drive before you buy at our late model Rental Car Center.
- Express Oil Change and tire rotation in under 45 minutes.
- FREE Shuttle Service throughout Athens.
- Home of the Buy three tires get the fourth for $1.00 all year long.